JOB # 121318
JOB TITLE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
JOB FAMILY ADMINISTRATION
LOCATION PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
APPOINTMENT LOCAL HIRE
JOB POSTED 24-MAY-2012
CLOSING DATE 07-JUN-2012
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS ENGLISH [ESSENTIAL]
BACKGROUND / GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The Administrative Assistant will be based in the South Africa Country office as part of Resource Management (RM) team who handles administrative and accounting transactions for AFCS1 department (South Africa, Botswana, Lesotho, and Namibia). S/He will work under the general supervision of the Country Director, and the direct supervision of the country office Resource Management Officer (RMO), handling the following functions:
NOTE: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year renewable term appointment.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provide primary assistance and support to the RM team in processing accounting and administrative transactions.
• Handle posting of purchase orders, goods receipt, service entry sheets and maintenance of inventory in SAP.
• Handle routine data entry to the system, including check writing, filing of accounting documents.
• Handle custody of petty cash and collections.
• Monitor vehicle fuel and maintenance costs and other equipments.
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieves, manipulates and presents accounting and administrative data.
• Identify and resolve diverse accounting and administrative transactional issues as they arise, which often require interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determine appropriate applications and/or in consultation with the accounting team members.
• Supports the preparation of quarterly budget reports.
• Performs other tasks assigned by the RMO with respect to the South Africa program.
Please like our facebook page for the best in entertainment in Nigeria and win fabulous prices, click like below